There are many definitions of content strategy, but the simplest, most straightforward is this: Making the right content available when, where and how a user needs it.
Content strategy encompasses:
- Content development or acquisition
- Content management
- Content quality
The goal of a successful content strategy is content that:
- Is easy and engaging to read
- Is written in a tone appropriate for the audience
- Is clearly and consistently labeled
- Communicates key messages
- Facilitates user tasks
- Is consistent
- Is discoverable
- Is optimized for retrieval, reuse, updating, publishing, and archiving
- Is optimized for the publication channel (online, mobile, print, etc.)
Strategic Content's strategists, taxonomists, and copywriters have years of experience delivering successful content strategies. Find out more about our proven content strategy development process.
Contact us to see how we can help you.