UnCruise Adventures selected Strategic Content to design and implement a complete redesign and replatforming of their web site. The project revolved around four key themes: creating an immersive content experience, improving the customer journey, increasing engagement, and differentiating the brand to overcome typical impressions of cruise travel. The project included creative design, content strategy, user experience design, web content management implementation, and custom database and component development.
Description of Services
The UnCruise Adventures web site was static, outdated in look and feel, and lacked vibrancy. It offered minimal information about the cruise itineraries and optional package add-ons. Information about cruise itineraries was manually maintained in table format and the site manager had limited ability to improve on the site layout and design.
We began with the goal of creating a site experience that offered a flavor of the UnCruise experience, using rich imagery, a clean and open design, as well as ample descriptive and contextually-relevant supplementary content to help customers evaluate cruise options. The project involved creating and integrating a database of itinerary data that is rendered in multiple dynamic components through the site and drives filtered search functionality.
- Attractive, engaging site design
- Dynamically-generated itinerary information
- Completely rewritten content to provide more information in a contextually-relevant experience
- Search by destination, schedule, cruise type, or cruise theme
- Comprehensive, integrated itinerary, vessel, package, and price information
- Extensive use of high-quality photography
- New Experience Guide content to offer more information about each destination
- Richer integration of customer testimonials
- Responsive design
- Rich social media integration